Saturday, March 26, 2011

All That Matters is God's View

I had a revelation yesterday while sitting in my car on a beautiful, brisk, sunny morning at the Institute of Living in Hartford. For too long I have lived trying to please people and keep everyone from being mad at me. I have often compromised my own morals in order not to upset friends or family or just folks in general. I found that people-pleasing left me feeling like crap, especially when I did something I knew was wrong in God's view. It's been hard for me to set boundaries with people. I often feel bad for upsetting anyone.

An event occurred yesterday that made me realize I am always going to do what Jesus would do, despite what people think. My therapist said "so you're going to be a rebel?" Yes, I am. Because I cannot care about worldly things and Godly things at the same time. It's one or the other. And I choose God. Society goes against many Godly morals and values but I find I feel better when I do the "right" thing verses what people think is right. God is transforming my heart into the image of His son. I am astonished at the changes in myself everyday and I feel really good about my decision to be a rebel.

3 comments:

  1. Just don't flip my tables! There's an art to being a rebel.....we have to accept each others differences, even embrace them. And sometimes not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I won't flip anyone's tables. I'm not God :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so to give you comfort the bible does give many references to what you are speaking of. God says, you are either for me or against me. If you are born again you are not of this world and have eternity with God to look forward to. Having said that, you'll "naturally" (spiritually speaking) want to do what's pleasing to the Lord rather than to this world. It's hard and often requires daily attempts in intervals because we are so drawn to please people in our "human nature". Keep hope alive ~ the bible says, All things are possible with Christ. Romans 8:28 is another encouraging verse. I honestly think by doing what you've set out to do makes life more fun! You're set on a wild adventure ~ but never alone. Pleasing people will never make anyone happy, and will always be a let down. Jesus was called a rebel, only his mission was to do the will of his heavenly father at any cost. In aiming to be like him we will turn heads and make others uncomfortable (especially those who don't understand Christ's mission). What a cool revelation. I love how God moves in every day places like cars. It's a great example to set for your daughter. I applaud you. You will live with more joy and peace too! My line is always, "My name isn't Jesus, I can't be all things to all people. If you're looking for that than look to Christ ~ He's your man." So glad I found your blog :-) Best.

    ReplyDelete